New York State Certified Escort Vehicles
Looking to become a New York State Certified Escort Driver or looking to start your own pilot car business in New York State? We're here to help you every step of the way by providing you with the equipment required by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
As mandated by New York State Law and according to the New York State Certified Escort Manual, a New York State Certified Escort Vehicle or Pilot Car must be equipped with the following essential equipment:
- Exterior vehicle lights. Shop our wide selection of vehicle lighting and equipment by clicking here.
- An orange High Visibility Vest with New York State Certified Escort insignia positioned on the left chest of the safety vest. Shop our High Visibility Safety Vest Collection by clicking here.
- A cellphone in either the escort vehicle or permitted load vehicle.
- Three emergency triangles and/or flares. Shop our kit of three emergency triangles here, our traditional flares here, and LED flares here.
- Three emergency flares for permitted night moves
- A stop paddle. Shop our stop paddles here.
- Two 18" by 18" red or fluorescent orange flags on staffs. Shop our collection of traffic safety flags here.
- A class 5BC or larger rated fire extinguisher. Contact us for pricing on fire extinguishers.
Need Oversize Load or Wide Load Signs? Shop Oversize Load Signs here.
Need New York State Certified Escort Patches? Look no further. Shop New York State Certified Escort Patches here.
Need New York State Certified Escort Vehicle Decals or Magnetic Signs? Shop New York State Certified Escort Vehicle Decals here.
Access the New York State Certified Escort Manual here!